Transfer Application Process
The decision to transfer can come at any time. That's why we offer rolling admission for students interested in joining the Saint Joseph's University community.
We're currently accepting applications for fall 2018 admission. If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 610.660.1300.
SJU's Transfer Experience
Saint Joseph’s University offers a transfer-friendly environment for students who are looking to call Hawk Hill their second home. Combined with over 90 clubs and organizations and a dedicated faculty, we invite you to learn why transferring to SJU may be your best decision yet.
Required for all Transfer Applicants
- Common Application or Saint Joseph’s Application
- Official college transcripts from each institution attended
- Official final high school transcript with date of graduation
- Transfer Registrar’s Report
(Must be sent directly from the most recent college or university attended)
- $50 application fee (non-refundable)
First Semester Transfer Applicants
- Syllabi from courses taken at other institutions should be sent to email@example.com.
- For transfer students from a community college where we have an Articulation Agreement, syllabi are not required.
- Social Security Number on application (required for students applying for financial aid).
All documents should be sent to:
SJU Application Processing
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Upon initial review of application materials, the Office of Undergraduate Admissions may require additional supplemental materials.
Transfer students will be reviewed for merit-based scholarships based upon their cumulative grade point average from their previous college(s). Recipients of transfer scholarships have a minimum 2.75 cumulative GPA. Merit scholarships are renewable yearly and there is no separate application process. Saint Joseph's also awards the Phi Theta Kappa scholarship to those students actively involved in the two-year academic honor society. Phi Theta Kappa membership certification may be requested by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Visit the scholarships section of the website for more information on financial assistance.
Review the curriculum worksheets for our majors:
Saint Joseph's University accepts up to 60 credits (20 courses) to count towards a Bachelor's degree.
- Courses accepted must be from an accredited college or university and offered for at least 3 credits each.
- SJU faculty award transfer credit.
- Saint Joseph's University accepts courses as transfer credit associated with Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IP) and college-level coursework. Learn more about our transfer credit policy.
Saint Joseph’s University has partnered with community colleges in order to make the transfer process seamless and efficient. These partnerships allow students to acquire an Associates Degree and then transfer to SJU in the fall of their junior year and complete a Bachelors Degree. See SJU's Articulation Agreements.
Contact an Admissions Counselor or call 610.660.1300
Are you an adult student? We have special resources available for you. Please visit the Adult Learner Application Process page to learn more about applying.