Admission Requirements - International Students
Application Process for International Students
Application deadlines for international students differ from those for American citizens, and are as follows:
- Fall Semester deadline: June 15
- Spring Semester deadline: October 15
- Summer Semester deadline: February 15
You may begin the M.S. in Financial Services Program in the fall or spring semester.
A completed international application includes:
- Official Transcripts (Undergraduate and Graduate)
- Two (2) letters of Recommendation
- Application Fee: $35.00
- Personal Statement
- Official GMAT or GRE scores (test must be taken within the last 7 years)
The GMAT exam requirement can be waived under certain circumstances. Please contact us to find out more.
- Official TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores (test must be taken within the last 2 years)
- Proof of ability to pay educational expenses from a bank and an affidavit of financial support.
- An official course-by-course evaluation of undergraduate and graduate education
The course by course undergraduate and graduate transcript evaluation must be performed by a NACES approved international credential evaluation service such WES (www.wes.org) or ECE (www.ece.org) OR applicants may submit original transcripts along with the English translation to be evaluated by the Graduate Operations office of Saint Joseph's University.
The Personal Statement asks the following:
Incorporate your response to the following topics in a well-organized essay (250-500 words). What are your career objectives? What are your reasons for seeking admissions to the M.S. in Financial Services Program? Provide any additional information which you think may be important in the evaluation of your application.
Transcripts, WES evaluations, and language test scores should be forwarded to the Graduate Business Office:
Saint Joseph’s University
5600 City Avenue, MV 280
Philadelphia, PA 19131
Official test score reports must be sent directly to Saint Joseph's University. Our codes are as follows:
TOEFL & GRE : 2801
GMAT Code M.S. Financial Services: WL8-WS-94
Applicants should take note that the minimum language scores are as follows:
- 80 on the TOEFL IBT
- 550 on the written TOEFL
- 6.5 Overall on the IELTS
- 60 on the PTE
- Completion of the ELS Language Center's English Level 112, including a favorable letter of recommendation from an ELS Administrator, is accepted in place of a TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score. Click here for more information about the ELS Center at Saint Joseph's University.
Program Contact Information
If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (610) 660-1690