Weather and Emergency Status
Weather and Emergency Information
University Phone Message: Call 610-660-3333
University Web Site: http://www.sju.edu
Digital Signage Locations: Campus-wide Locations
The KYW Storm Center: KYW and its affiliates (KYW 1060AM, KYW-TV Channel 3, CW Philly Channel 57, and CBS3 HD Channel 233) provide up-to-date and official information on SJU course delays, cancellations, and campus closings. Below are the SJU identification numbers:
- Day Programs (Starting time Until 4PM): 216
- Evening and Weekend Programs (Starting at 5PM): 2104
KYW Phone Alerts: The KYW Storm Center offers a service that will provide school closing information through a direct message to your phone. You can sign up for this service at http://www.kyw1060.com and select the KYW School Closing link.
KYW Text Alerts: The KYW Storm Center also offers a service that will provide school closing information through text alerts to cell phones, PDAs, and smart phones. You can sign up for this service at http://www.kyw1060.com and select the KYW School Closing link.
School Closing and Cancellation Options
The following options are available for the Day Programs
- 1-Hour Delay (Classes begin and offices open at 10 AM. All earlier classes cancelled)
- 2-Hour Delay (Classes begin and offices open at 11 AM. All earlier classes cancelled. On Tuesday and Thursday, classes begin at 1 PM and offices open at 11 AM)
- Classes Cancelled (All classes are cancelled)
- University Closed (All classes are cancelled and offices are closed)
The following options are available for the Evening and Weekend Programs
- Classes Cancelled (All classes are cancelled).
- University Closed (All classes are cancelled and offices are closed).
Office and Service Availability During Class Cancellations and Closures
Once classes are cancelled, all buildings will be closed but may be accessible by ID Card if you have access rights to the building. Unless specified, the following facilities will remain open during any class cancellation or campus closure:
- The Campion Center
- Residence Halls
- Residence Dining Facilities
- Recreation Centers
- The Perch
Francis A. Drexel Library:
Unless otherwise specified, the Drexel and Campbell Libraries will open according to the same delay policies for the Day Programs. The following schedule will be in effect for the Drexel Library during class cancellation and university closures (The Campbell Library will not be open during class cancellations or university closures):
- Sunday-Thursday: The Library will stay open until 10PM
- Friday: The Library will stay open until 6PM
- Saturday: Continue regular hours of 10AM-6PM
Updates regarding Athletic Events and Closures can be found at SJUHawks.com.
Updates regarding Other Campus Events and Closures (e.g., performances, special events, etc.) can be found on MySJU.
Online and Hybrid Courses: Unless there is an on-campus event scheduled for the day of the cancellation or closure, all online course activity will continue during course cancellations and university closures. For specific details, refer to the Course Expectation Form for the specific online course.
Shuttle Services: University provided shuttle services will continue through course cancellations and campus closures until it is determined that it is no longer safe to proceed. For more information about shuttle service during inclement weather contact Public Safety at 610-660-1111.