The following is required to be admitted into the program:
- Four-year bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a cumulative 3.0 GPA
- Instructional I or II teaching certificate
- Completed graduate application.
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency;
- Applicant must obtain all standardized background and security clearances to complete required field experience/practicums.
- Pennsylvania State Criminal History Record (Act 34)
- Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 51)
- Federal FBI Criminal History Report
- Proof of Tuberculin Skin Test
- Completed online application form: www.sju.edu/gradapply
- Select Program of Interest: Graduate Teacher Education (Administrative and Instructional Certifications)
- Under preliminary question section, select major English as a Second Language Specialist Online
- Request official transcripts from baccalaureate and if applicable graduate level degrees or coursework.
- The Office of Graduate Operations Saint Joseph’s University 5600 City Avenue Philadelphia, PA 19131-1395
- Upload a copy of your professional resume and copy of your instructional certificate into the application form.
- Upload a personal statement (500 words minimum) into the application form. Instructions: Provide a personal statement describing your educational objectives. You may wish to address: (1) why you are applying for the program, (2) how your degree program will relate to your long-range career objectives. (approx. 300-500 words)
- Letters of Recommendation – Provide the names and email addresses of two recommenders to complete a letter of recommendation (preferably from two supervisors). These individuals will receive a email with a link requesting that they upload a recommendation as soon as their names are entered and saved in the form. As an alternative, recommenders may also email letters of recommendation to email@example.com.
- Application fee - $35.00 - payable by check or major credit card. Select fee waiver if a SJU alumnus or have attended an open house event.