The Saint Joseph's University Honors Program seeks to produce well-educated, articulate citizens who exemplify the highest standards of academic, professional and personal achievement. The program offers an enriched General Education curriculum that broadens cultural interests, integrates knowledge, sharpens writing skills and encourages student involvement in the learning process.
The curriculum is composed of intellectually rigorous courses that satisfy both General Education and major requirements. Many Honors courses are yearlong, interdisciplinary team-taught courses in the arts, sciences, social sciences, and business.
Graduates of the Honors Program have gone on to study in world-class graduate and doctoral programs at institutions such as Harvard, Yale, and New York University, as well as secured leadership positions in corporations around the world.
Students who are admitted into the Honors Program receive many special benefits, including:
- A student-to-faculty ratio of 10:1
- Advanced registration for classes
- Dedicated Honors suites in residence halls, which allow like-minded students to live together, even as freshmen
- Abundant opportunities to present research and creative work at national conferences and seminars
- The most up-to-date information regarding scholarship and funding opportunities for graduate and professional work
- Free tickets and transportation to concerts and performances by world-renowned artists at some of Philadelphia’s most revered centers of culture
- On-campus receptions, concerts, and lectures specifically for Honors students
- Team-taught courses, which allow distinguished faculty members to share their knowledge and expertise with students in a challenging academic environment
- 24-hour access to Claver House, a quiet retreat where Honors students can work