Health Education Post-Master's Certificate
The post-master’s certificate in health education is designed for individuals who have earned a master's degree in a field other than health education. This program prepares individuals in the core areas of health education and in the skills of community assessment, program planning, implementation and administration.
The post-master’s certificate in health education is a six-course (18-credit) program that combines four required courses with two electives.
- Mapping for Health Research, Planning, Policy Development and Marketing
- Epidemiology and Community Health
- Program Planning for Wellness
- Curriculum Strategies for Health Educators
Directed Electives: Two Courses
- Employee Assistance and Occupational Health
- Health Education in HIV/AIDS
- Psychosocial Aspects of Chronic Illness and Disability
- Concepts of Mental Health
- Women and Health Care
- Stress and Crisis Management
- Behavioral Health of Children and Youth
- Human Sexuality
- Special Topics in Health Education
- Field Work in Health Education
Gainful Employment Disclosure: To view the Gainful Employment Disclosure information, please click on the links below.