Health Education Post-Master's Certificate
The post-master’s certificate in health education is designed for individuals who have earned a master's degree in a field other than health education. This program prepares individuals in the core areas of health education and in the skills of community assessment, program planning, implementation and administration.
The post-master’s certificate in health education is a six-course (18-credit) program that combines four required courses with two electives.
Core Courses (4)
- HSV 551 Managed Health Care
- HED 553 Program Planning for Wellness
- HED 552 Epidemiology and Community Health
- HED 554 Curriculum Strategies for Health Educators
Health Studies Modules (2)
- HAD 570 Psychosocial Aspects of Chronic Illness and Disability
- HED 571 Employee Assistance and Occupational Health
- HED 577 Health Education in HIV/AIDS
- HED 573 Women and Health Care
- HED 575 Stress and Crisis Management
- HED 551 Mapping for Health Research, Planning, Policy Development and Marketing
Gainful Employment Disclosure: To view the Gainful Employment Disclosure information, please click on the links below.