If you choose to report an instance of sexual misconduct, but are NOT interested in participating in the SJU campus process or the criminal process through police, please see the details below for further information.
- Report the misconduct by contacting one of the following:
- Public Safety at 610-660-1111 (Public Safety can assist in contacting Police 24/7)
- Office of Residence Life (610-660-1060 or via Public Safety at 610-660-1111 evenings/weekends/after hours)
- Title IX Coordinator, Dr. Mary-Elaine Perry or a Deputy Title IX Coordinator
- Any Responsible Employee as defined by SJU policy.
- Resources for support as well as any immediate needs (medical, safety, other interim measures) will be offered and discussed.
- SJU will initiate a campus investigation, and you will be notified of the outcome. Please be aware that in some cases, SJU may also need to notify local police.
- SJU “contact”, “area” or “campus” restrictions or other interim measures may be issued to those involved through the University, in an effort to ensure the safety of all involved.
- The campus investigation and disciplinary process will be explained by the Office of Community Standards. Please see the following SJU Policy for more information on the campus investigation and disciplinary process.
- You will be notified of the outcome of a campus investigation and disciplinary process, regardless of your level of participation.
- Depending on your level of participation, SJU may be limited in ability to respond.
- Contact local police to report the assault - dial 911 OR, if the Complainant so desires, the Office of Public Safety & Security will assist him/her in contacting the local police.
- You can request a Protection from Abuse Order (PFA) through Philadelphia or Montgomery Counties. Assistance with this may be available through Police, SJU Public Safety or the SJU Office of Student Outreach & Support.
- An investigation is conducted by the local police with possible assistance from SJU Public Safety.
- The completed investigation report is forwarded to the appropriate District Attorney’s Office for possible prosecution.