Student Outreach & Support can provide the following support for students:
- Point of contact for students and their families when dealing with a significant personal incident.
- Providing support and overseeing the re-entry process for students returning to the University following a leave of absence (LOA) or other time away from SJU.
- Assist in campus wide crisis management and emergency response.
- Assist students in accessing resources or navigating university systems.
- Provide formal referrals to both on and off campus resources.
- Available for consulting & training relative to identifying students at risk.
- Training students on how to approach a friend in need.
- Developing a support & action Plan.
Study Abroad Safety Information
- Alcohol, Drug & Sexual Assault Safety Presentation (presented to students traveling abroad, Fall 2011)
- Alcohol, Drug & Sexual Assault Safety Presentation (presented to students traveling on a study tour, Summer 2011)
- Resources for American Victims of Crime Overseas (brochure for students traveling abroad)
Information for First Year Students
- Staying Safe On Campus: Alcohol, Drug & Sexual Assault Education (Freshman Orientation, 2011)
- Know Your Limit! Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) Charts for Men & Women