Can you picture yourself as an RA? Want to develop leadership skills and marketable resume experience? Want to make a difference in the SJU residential community? If you answered "YES!" to any of these questions, the Resident Assistant experience might be for you!
We hope that you are interested in joining our RA team! In order to become an RA candidate for the 2017-2018 academic year, students must complete the following:
1. Information Session Interested students must attend an information session to begin the RA application process. Info sessions are scheduled at the following dates and times:
Wednesday, November 16th @ 5pm, Campion, Banquet Hall South
Monday, November 21st @ 5 pm, Campion, North Lounge
Tuesday, November 29th @ 11:00 am, Campion, Presidents Lounge
Friday, December 2nd @ 3 pm, Campion, Presidents Lounge
Tuesday, December 6th @ 11am, Campion, Banquet Hall South
Wednesday, December 7th @ 5pm, Campion, Presidents Lounge
Wednesday, January 18th @ 5pm, Campion, Banquet Hall South
2. Application RA Applications will be available electronically November 28th through January 20th. Completed applications, including recommendation forms, must be received by 4pm, January 20, 2017. Our application is available here:
(If the link does not direct you to the application form, please try to open the application in a different browser and on a computer, not a phone)
3. RA Seminar The first part of the RA Interview process will take place through the course of 2 "RA Seminars", held over the course of two weeks. The Seminars will allow applicants to learn about the RA position, while demonstrating their qualifications and allowing the Residence Life staff to see what each applicant can bring to a Resident Assistant position. Participation in the RA Seminar is a requirement of the selection process and does not guarantee a Resident Assistant position. Candidates can select seminar times during their completion of the RA Application.
4. Individual Interview RA Applicants will participate in one individual interview. The individual interview is a chance to answer & ask questions in a smaller setting with a member of the Residence Life professional staff & at least one current RA. Candidates can select individual interview times during their completion of the RA Application.
5. Recommendation Form Applicants must provide one recommendation. The recommendation may be completed by a member of the Saint Joseph's University Community or by someone else who can speak to your work ethic and leadership ability. Please note that RAMs/RHMs may not be used for recommendations. Recommendations must be received by the Office of Residence Life by January 20th at 4pm. They can be submitted via email (RA_Selection@sju.edu) or mailed to: Office of Residence Life, Attn: Elizabeth Ali, 5600 City Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19131. Click here for the Recommendation Form.
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of our RA team!
We hope to meet you through the RA selection process!