Students participating in an SJU program or traveling from a significant distance may request early arrival status to move into their residence hall prior to the scheduled move-in date. Requests will only be granted for extraordinary or school-related purposes. Additionally, students applying for early arrival must agree to the Early Arrival Housing Expectations detailed below:
- All university policies remain in effect.
- In the event of any disciplinary or safety related incident, students may be asked to leave immediately and will be responsible for making arrangements for off-campus accommodations. In addition, students may forfeit the privilege of remaining on campus for future break periods.
- Until the opening date for the halls, residents will not be permitted to have guests.
- The cost of any common area damage which occurs in the building during the break period will be divided between all students approved to be in the building on the date of the damage.
- Dining Services may be open on a limited schedule. Information regarding dining hall hours may be found at www.sjudining.campusdish.com.
- The phone number for Saint Joseph’s security is 660-1111. Please utilize the University escort service accordingly. Always contact security in the event of an emergency or if you are concerned for your personal safety.
|Students participating in university sponsored activities may need to arrive to campus early, including: Some athletics programs, PSIP, BEAGLE, Running Start, Redshirts, etc. Many of these programs have pre-arranged early arrival dates. For these and other general early arrival requests please CLICK HERE.|
|SJU Haul is a service-oriented early arrival program for Upperclassmen only. Participating students will receive a free t-shirt and be assigned to help move in their fellow students. Embrace the motto "Men and Women For Others." Move-In for SJU Haul is Thursday, August 21st. For more information CLICK HERE!|
|Best of the Nest is the Freshman equivalent of SJU Haul. Volunteers will move in the morning of Friday, August 22nd and will then assist with moving in the rest of the freshman class on Saturday, August 23rd. It is a great way to meet new people and kick off the year by serving others. For more information CLICK HERE!|
Please note that early arrival requests for Friday, August 22nd, or Saturday, August 23rd, will not be accommodated as these are scheduled move-in dates for the first-year areas. Students approved for early arrival status will receive an email containing instructions for the location and time that they may obtain their key. Due to limited staffing and availability, assistance and carts may not be available for students arriving early.
Any student who is found in the building during prior to the scheduled move-in dates without approval are in violation of Community Standards and may face sanctions and/or fines.