In addition to individual counseling, on-going support groups and discussion groups may be offered on a variety of topics. This semester Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is offering the following groups:
- Bereavement Support Group: For any student who has ever lost a loved one; meets Thursdays, 11:00 AM to 12:00 noon, A504 Merion Gardens. Contact Dr. Bev Cutler for more information.
- Freshman Funk: For any freshman who is not enjoying college life as much as s/he had hoped; First meeting 9/17/13- LaFarge Residence Hall Lounge. Ground floor behind the security desk. Weekly, 11:00am-12:15pm. Walk-Ins Welcome! Contact Dr Natalie Petyk-Barnes
- Hawkward Moments:: for students with social anxiety, self-consciousness, shyness, or feelings of isolation, led by Dr Ernie Hermosisima, Fall 2013, Thursdays 5:15-6:45, CAPS A504 Merion Gardens,
- Recovery Hour. A weekly drop-in support group for students who are in the process of recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. Thursdays 11:15 to 12:15, LaFarge Lounge. First meeting Sept. 12th. Contact Dr. Jade Logan for more information.
- Survivors of Sexual Assault Group: A weekly support group for women who have experienced sexual assault. Thursdays, 6:15 PM-7:30 PM. Please contact Dr. Jade Logan or Dr Audrey Ulke for more information and to schedule a group consultation.
- Managing Procrastination and Building Self-Confidence: A 3-session structured group experience that utilizes science-based, psychological methods to help students manage the self-defeating affliction of procrastination run by Dr Greg Nicholls.
- Anxiety and Stress Relief: a workshop series that incorporates mindfulness, meditation and self-compassion run by Dr Greg Nicholls.
Additional groups may be offered throughout the academic year depending on students' needs and requests.