The staff in the Career Development Center look forward to working with you!
Services Offered by the Career Development Center:
The Career Development Center assists students of all majors and class years. Below is a list of our services:
- Individual Career-Counseling Appointments (in-person, phone & video)
- Lifelong Career Planning Assistance for students and alumni
- Drop-In Centers for Resume and Cover Letter Critiques and Quick Questions
- Mock Interviews
- Choosing/Changing Your Major Assistance
- Graduate School Advising
- Career Resource Library in our Office and on our Comprehensive Website at www.sju.edu/careers
- Career Assessments
- Networking with Alumni utilizing SJU Hawk Career Network in LinkedIn
- Listings for Full and Part-Time Jobs and Internships in SJUcareers database
- Career Fairs
- On-Campus Interviewing for Interns and Graduating Students
- Workshops and Events
It is recommended that you schedule an appointment to individually discuss your career development with a staff member. An appointment is designed to address all aspects of career development such as choosing a major, career changing, networking, resume writing, cover letter writing, interviewing, finding internships, job searching, and applying to graduate school. Please note that appointments involving assessments require at least two meetings. Call 610-660-3100 to schedule an appointment.
If you have a quick question or need your resume or cover letter critiqued, just drop in and sign up. No appointment necessary. Drop-ins will start again once classes begin in the Fall and Spring. Drop-in locations are closed over the summer and the holiday break.
Hours and Locations:
Campion, Room 306: Monday, Wednesday, & Friday, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Mandeville, Room 206E: Tuesday & Thursday, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM; Monday evenings 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
SJUcareers: Job & Internship Postings, Employers, Career Events
SJUcareers hosts a variety of positions including full time, part-time, internship, volunteer/service and on campus job opportunities. In addition, the system hosts on-campus interviewing opportunities with employers for internships and full time jobs. To login, click here. If you need assistance with your account, select from the short webinars below and get the answers you need.
How to Login to SJUcareers (2:04)
The Career Guide is a comprehensive guide to help you with your own career development. Each section of the guide can be found under the relevant topic within the student and alumni navigation on this site. For more detailed information about our services and a link to the complete Career Guide, please click here.