SJU CAREER DEVELOPMENT CENTER
Spring 2017 CALENDAR of EVENTS
Reserve your spot for Career Development Center events today!
Access your SJUcareers account (via www.sju.edu/careers) to register for events, update your account profile, post your updated resume, and search for full-time, part-time, on-campus, internship and scholarship opportunities. For questions, please contact the CDC at email@example.com or 610-660-3100.
If you'd like to access our webinars for undergraduate & graduate students as well as alumni, click here.
Click here for a printable PDF calendar
Access tips on making the most of the Talk with Hawks here
Spring 2017 Calendar
Career & Experience Fairs:
- SJU Experience Fair, Thursday, January 26th, 11:00 AM—1:00 PM, Doyle Banquet Hall, Campion | Learn about experiential learning opportunities that can enrich your SJU Experience. Talk with faculty and student representatives from all majors plus numerous departments on campus. No RSVP needed.
- Spring Career Fair, Thursday, February 16th, 10:00 AM—1:00 PM, Athletics Center | Employers representing diverse industries and organizations will be on campus recruiting students of all majors (undergraduate and graduate) for full time, internship, co-op, and part time and volunteer/service opportunities. Check the Careers by Symplicity app daily for the list of employers. Tours will be available and there will be a LinkedIn photo booth where you can get a free professional headshot!
- Philadelphia Social Impact Career Fair, Thursday, March 23rd, 11:00 AM—2:00 PM, Jake Nevin Fieldhouse, Villanova University | Students of all majors and class years who are interested in full time, internship, part time, volunteer/service and externship opportunities with socially responsible organizations in the for-profit, non-profit, and government sectors should attend this event. In addition to the fair, attend info sessions about navigating a government or nonprofit job search. A bus will run from SJU to Villanova several times over the course of the fair. Please bring copies of your resume.
- DVEC Teacher Job Fair, Wednesday, April 5th, *9:00 AM—3:00 PM, Expo Center, Oaks, PA | Hundreds of school districts will be attending to recruit new education professionals. Advanced ticket purchase is strongly recommended. Buy your tickets at the Career Development Center or the Education Department, and visit www.dvec.net for more details. *Only those who pre-register will be permitted to enter before 10:00 AM.*
Sweeten Up Your Resume!
- All Day Resume Reviews at the Career Development Center, Thursday, February 9th from 9:00 AM – 4:00 PM | Bring a copy of your resume to review it with a career counselor - no appointment needed!
- Employer Resume Reviews, Tuesday, February 14th 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM & Wednesday, February 15th, 1:00 PM – 3:45 PM | Post Learning Commons Atrium, Merion Atrium, Career Development Center and Mandeville Lobby | Stop by any of these locations to get employer advice on how to sweeten up your resume for the Spring Career Fair! Sweet treats will be given out – no appointment needed!
Talk with Hawks Series
- TwH Career Conversations, Wednesday, January 25th, 6:00 PM – 7:30 PM, Doyle Banquet Hall, Campion | This highly interactive networking event will teach you the do’s and don’ts of attending a networking event while offering exposure to alumni and professionals with shared interests. Discover insight into different professions and meet people who want to help you. RSVP at www.alumni.sju.edu
- TwH Industry Networking Nights
Meet with SJU alumni and employers to learn about career paths, internships and full-time career opportunities in the specific industries below. Refreshments provided. Please RSVP in your SJUcareers account: www.sju.edu/careers
- Science & Health, Wednesday, February 1st, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM | Doyle Banquet Hall, Campion
- Education & Social Impact, Monday, March 6th, 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM | McShain Hall, 5th Floor, Large Lapsley Conference Room
- Marketing, Communications & the Arts, Monday, March 6th , 5:30 PM – 7:00 PM | McShain Hall, 5th Floor, Large Maguire Conference Room
- Advice from the Internship Insiders: Intern Panel, Thursday, February 2nd, 11:00 AM- 12:15 PM, Presidents’ Lounge, Campion | Come hear success stories from a panel of students who have already completed internships. Fellow Hawks will share their strategies for finding internships, how to be a competitive candidate, and how to get the most out of the experience. There will also be a brief overview of how to jumpstart YOUR internship search! Pizza included. Please RSVP in your SJUcareers account.
TED Talk Tuesdays:
2/28 & 3/28, both events occur 11:00 AM - 12:15 PM in the Forum Theater
Attend a screening of a TED Talk followed by an interactive conversation to learn more about the topic.
- February 28th: “10 Rules for Killer Conversations” - Did you know that conversations involve more listening than talking? Even if you knew that, do you practice listening within conversations? This program gives you 10 useful rules for being a better communicator that enable you to have better conversations.
- March 28th: “Can’t Identify Your Passion? That’s OK” If you cringe when asked “what do you want to do when you graduate?” or “what’s your passion?” this session is for you! Join this brief presentation and discussion about having multiple interests and creating a path for exploring those interests.
New York City Events:
Monday, April 17th, New York City
- Investment Banking Bootcamp | If you are interested in landing an internship or full time job in investment banking in New York, attend this session to learn the secrets behind perfecting your resume, acing the interview and navigating the job market.
- New York Interview Day | Grey, Hulu, FCB, MEC Global, and some additional employers will be interviewing students for full time and internship positions in New York City.
- Interested in Law School? Visit the pre-law website: https://sites.sju.edu/prelawadvising/ and fill out the form to gain access to key resources and opportunities.
- What to do with a Gap Year? Tuesday, March 28th , 5:30 PM – 6:30 PM, North Lounge, Campion | Interested in law school but not ready to attend right away? Unsure how to build skills in that time or what opportunities are available to you? Come to this panel discussion to hear how our alumni spent their gap year and how it impacted their law school experience.