Due to the overwhelming number of applicants, the application for the 2014 Appalachian Experience is now closed. Look for the application for the 2015 Appalachian Experience to be available August 2014!
Appalachian Experience Description:
The Appalachian Experience is a Spring Break immersion program that is committed to serving with and for others while learning about the culture and concerns of the people of the Appalachian region. Participants will meet together several times throughout the year for preparation, education, and team-building, all of which lead toward the spring break immersion experience. These trips will begin the evening of March 7th and end on March 15th.
Appalachian Experience Mission Statement:
The Appalachian Experience is a service immersion experience dedicated to the region of Appalachia, guided by the mission of Saint Joseph’s University, and the Catholic Jesuit tradition by:
- Recognizing the unconditional and universal human dignity in all creation;
- Fostering community growth in the spirit of solidarity;
- Committing to education and action concerning the issues of poverty and injustice in the region;
- Furthering the personal growth of the participants;
- Challenging ourselves to understand the past, experience the present, and look forward to with hope to the future.
Follow us on Twitter!
|Saint Joseph's University sponsors service immersion programs in which students spend a week or more living and working in the communities they serve.|
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT