The SJU B.I.T may receive reports of a concerning student behavior from a variety of sources, including but not limited to:
- On-line Behavioral Concern Report Form
- Residence Life Staff
- Public Safety Incident Report
- SJU Faculty/Staff/Community Members
- Invisible Safety Net (ISN) Committee
Following the report of a concerning student behavior, the SJU B.I.T. will initiate a response within 72 hours by:
- Convening a meeting of the core BIT members
- Gathering and reviewing all available information and documentation
- Assessing level of risk
- Determining appropriate course of action
- Coordinating appropriate response and resources
- Documenting follow-up and next steps
The B.I.T. has the authority to recommend a range of responses which may include, but are not limited to:
- Separation from on campus housing.
- Return to housing under specified condition that the student comply with the recommendations of The Office of Student Outreach & Support, CAPS or off-campus therapist or other appropriate conditions.
- Summary Suspension or other temporary separation from the University
- Required leave and/or facilitated voluntary leave of absence.
- Deferred response with guides for monitoring the situation