Student Records and Financial Services (SRFS) serves all students, faculty, alumni, staff, and external organizations in support of Saint Joseph's University goals of excelling in academics, transforming our business operations, and achieving growth. To meet these goals, we create a climate that promotes continuous improvement as a way of serving students, parents, and the University community. Our vision is to provide an environment in which exemplary customer service can flourish.
Student Records and Financial Services is committed to excellence. We challenge ourselves to be efficient and effective in our work, seek improvement in our ways of conducting business for ourselves and the people we serve, and to maintain an environment in the office and on campus which encourages growth, supports academics, respects people and their differences, and promotes communication and participation throughout all areas of the university.
Student Records and Financial Services (SRFS) is committed to providing outstanding customer service to students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, and external organizations through personal accountability and professional commitment in our service delivery areas. These areas include: financial aid, student accounts, student records, and our student response centers. We will assist the campus in achieving the following goals:
- Foster a sense of community and unity within the SRFS organization, by providing opportunities for all staff members to meet and develop a broad-based understanding of the responsibilities and services of each area.
- Provide a supportive environment to conduct business.
- Develop a proactive customer service model to ensure students are kept abreast of their academic progress, financial aid status, and any issues related to their student account and records (targeted outreach to identified student populations).
- Ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and security of all education records as they are defined under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and other governing state and federal legislation.
- Continually look to improve our services and information delivery, be it publications, online services, telephone, email, in-person or self-service.
- Ethically administer federal, state, and institutional financial aid and scholarship programs.
- Facilitate the development, implementation and monitoring of academic policies, practices and procedures, and to assist the academic units in implementing such policies in order to meet their goals.
- Facilitate student transition to Saint Joseph University that leads to positive adjustment, academic success, and student involvement.
- Provide a high level of service to support students in achieving their academic goals by helping to navigate the financial challenges of college attendance.