Policy Information

Financial Aid Policy Information



Title IV Refund Policy 

 The Office of Student Financial Services is required by federal statute to recalculate federal financial aid eligibility for students who withdraw, drop out, are dismissed, or take a leave of absence prior to completing 60 percent of a payment period or term.


Satisfactory Academic Progress


Merit Scholarship Reduction Policy


Verification Policy

Verification is a requirement of the U.S. Department of Education and is the process of confirming information submitted on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid for various Federal Title IV Funds including the Federal Stafford Loan. Student applicants should be aware that this federal regulation requires them to submit tax data and other requested information to Hawk Central before processing of student loan applications and/or the awarding of funds. Students must submit the required information to complete the verification process no later than 45 days before the last day of the student’s enrollment.

Items to be verified include: adjusted gross income from the IRS form; U.S. income taxes paid; number of family members for whom parents provide more than half of their support; the number of children in post-secondary schools who are enrolled at least half time; dependency status; untaxed income; eligible non-citizen status and any other item for which conflicting information has been submitted to Hawk Central. Any change in eligibility as a result of verification will be noted in MySJU.

Documents Required

2013-2014 Verification form:This form is required for any student whose FAFSA was selected for Federal Income Verification for the 2013-2014 Aid Year. If selected, please complete the 2013-2014 Verification Form and submit with required documentation. Verification documentation will differ based on a student's verification type. Please confirm individual requirements listed on MySJU.

If the student or parent/stepparent did not file taxes, a signed non-tax filer statement and copies of all W-2 forms must be submitted. Non-taxable income verification may be requested.

Academic Withdrawal and Tuition Refund Policy