Welcome to Saint Joseph's University Psychology Laptop Program Webpage.
All full-time, undergraduate, Psychology students are required to have a laptop that meets the Psychology Department's minimum requirements for the first day of class. Saint Joseph's University has partnered with Apple Inc. to offer students, faculty, and staff members with several laptop choices that meet both your personal and campus technology needs.
By purchasing a recommended bundle from the Saint Joseph's University Apple Store you can make sure you are getting the absolute best deal. All recommended systems are bundled with the 3 year AppleCare Protection Plan.
Ready to start shopping?
- Psychology students are required to have MS Office 2008 or MS Office 2011 (for Mac) this product is no longer bundled in with the recommended systems. You are not required to use iWork.
- All students can purchase MS Office 2011 at a significant discount from Journey Ed or at the SJU Bookstore. Visit: http://www.journeyed.com/select or call the SJU Bookstore at 610-660-3170.
Any questions? Call 610-660-1128 or email LaptopHelp@sju.edu
- Click on 'Recommended Systems" to see the SJU systems.
- The Apple Care plan protects against hardware failure, but does NOT cover any accidental damage. Please look at our FAQs for insurance policies for accidental coverage. However, Apple Care enables the Student Technology Center to facilitate hardware repairs (non-accidental) for you.
- Since Apple does not offer accidental damage insurance, it is strongly recommended that all students bringing a Mac on campus look into purchasing accidental damage insurance from a third party.
For information on the technology used in the Post Hall (the building in which the Psychology department resides), PsyNet.Stu, and SPSS, please click here.
All SJU Recommended systems are bundled(À la carte) with popular computer accessories including the following:
- Laptop Backpack
- Combination Laptop Lock
- USB memory drive
- Ethernet Cable
- In addition, the bundle includes the three-year AppleCare Protection Plan. This plan protects against hardware failure, but does not cover any accidental damage. Please look at the FAQ link to find information on companies offering accidental damage coverage.