Academic Credit Options

A student in good academic standing may be eligible to earn college credit for prior learning through CLEP (College Level Examination Program) or ELAP (Experiential Learning Assessment Program). A student cannot earn CLEP or ELAP credit for a course in which s/he is presently enrolled or for a course when s/he has completed a more advanced course in the same subject.

To be considered for CLEP or ELAP, a student must:
• be in good academic standing, and
• have more than 10 courses remaining in their degree program.

A student may not use a CLEP exam or ELAP portfolio review for credit if he or she has already transferred the 75 credit maximum.