- 20 of 22 million businesses in the US are controlled by families
- 62% of American jobs are produced by family businesses
- 35% of Fortune 500 Companies are family owned or controlled
- 64% of the US GDP is generated by family businesses
- 78% of all new jobs in the US are created by family businesses
The collaboration between academia and industry has been a strength of Saint Joseph's Haub School of Business since its founding.
It is with this model in mind that the University introduced the Initiative for Family Business and Entrepreneurship alongside the academic major and minor.
The Initiative for Family Business and Entrepreneurship aims to:
- Build a community of family businesses and entrepreneurs who are committed to continuous improvement via education.
- Benchmark and implement new strategies for long-term economic growth.
- Create a world-class academic experience for undergraduate students.
- Develop a research program that continually renews our understanding of the needs for entrepreneurial and family enterprising success.
Are you interested in learning more about our academic programs for undergraduates and graduate students? Click here
Are you a family business? Interested in learning more about how SJU can help your family business succeed in the long-term? Click here