Major & Minor Forms:
- Registration Changes: Add/Drop Period
- Course Overload: Permission to take 6 courses
- Course Override: Permission to exceed seating limit or other restriction
- Withdraw from Course
- Independent Study Request: Updated Spring 2014
- Permission to Take Courses Elsewhere/Transfer Courses
- Change from Credit to Audit
- Request Pass/No Penalty
Leave/ Withdrawl Forms:
- Go to My SJU homepage. Do NOT log in.
- Click "Class Schedule"
- Select the term for which you are registering, the course you are searching for and any special interests.
- Do not forget to click on the CRN numbers to check for course restrictions.
- Get your PIN from your faculty advisor.
- Click on School Services
- Click on Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click on Registration
- Select term for which you wish to enroll
- Click on Add/Drop Courses
- Enter your PIN
- Enter the CRN (course reference number) of the classes for which you wish to register in the boxes at the bottom of the page
- Click on SUBMIT
After the Add/Drop period ends, you may no longer drop a course, but you may be able to withdraw from a course by completing the paperwork to receive a grade of W in the course with the written approval from the Dean’s Office.
First-semester freshmen & first-semester transfer students:
To add or drop a course, you are required to use the Registration Changes form available on the Registrar’s website and in the HSB Advising Center (MV 289). You must meet with your faculty advisor to discuss proposed changes and obtain their approval and signature.
All other students who have registered for classes on-line:
Go to My SJU to add/drop classes after discussing changes with your academic advisor. The PIN for HSB students does not change during the Add/Drop period; however, students are strongly encouraged to discuss substantive schedule changes with their faculty advisor before making the changes on-line. Section changes of the same course may be made freely without an advisor’s approval.
If you are attending a different section than what appears on your schedule, YOU are responsible for dropping the incorrect section and adding the correct section (assuming seats are still available).
If you are not attending a class, but it still appears on your schedule, YOU are responsible for dropping the class before the end of the Add/Drop period. After the end of the Add/Drop period, you will need to withdraw from the course (with a “W” on your transcript). After the deadline for withdrawing from a class, you will receive an “F” for the course.
D - Only for Day Stuents
P - College of Professional and Liberal Studies
SL - Service Learning Course
H - Honors Course
Course Closed- Course enrollment limit has been reached. The faculty member who is teaching a course that is closed may be consulted regarding overriding course seating limits, but the Department Chair’s authorization is final and necessary for the override to be processed.
Reserved Closed-Course enrollment limit has been reached for your level (i.e., undergraduate day student). Example: Undergraduate day HSB student is trying to register for an HSB evening course – the day student enrollment limit has been reached and the remaining available seats are reserved for undergraduate evening students. In this case, you can choose another section, pursue an override, or wait until the week before the semester begins. At that time, remaining seats will be open to all students.
Level Restriction-Registration for this course is restricted to day students, evening students or graduate students.
- HSB students will see this error if they attempt to register for evening classes in the CAS. The relevant Department Chair is the only person who can grant permission for a day student to take an evening course in the CAS.
- An undergraduate day HSB student will also get this restriction when trying to register for a SJU summer class without first obtaining the Dean’s Office approval.
Campus Restriction-The CAS and the HSB are classified as 2 separate “campuses.” CAS students will get a campus restriction if they try to register for evening classes in the HSB – only HSB students can freely register for evening HSB classes.
Link Error-Registration of lecture and lab section is required. Registering for one without the other will result in this error.
Time Conflict (overlap in class times)-Registration has been attempted where two courses are meeting at the same time or are overlapping in meeting time.