M.S. in Homeland Security
The Master of Science in Homeland Security offers the student the opportunity to examine strategies, develop plans, and learn about contemporary issues of terrorism which affect the public and private sectors in our society today. The curriculum will assist the student in building strategies to prevent terrorist attacks, and partnerships to prepare for homeland security incidents. Focus will be on real threats, including critical infrastructure protections needed in the United States today.
Admissions Requirements and Procedures
Students applying for admission must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and an undergraduate grade point average (GPA) above 3.00 for full admission. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 3.00 will be considered for admission on a provisional basis. Such applicants may be required to submit Graduate Record Examination (GRE) test scores as a condition for admission. Students must achieve a grade of at least B in your first two courses while in a provisional status. Upon completion, the student’s application will be reviewed for a full admissions decision.
Applicants should submit or have sent to the Office of Graduate Operations the following:
- a completed Saint Joseph’s University graduate application.
- official sealed transcript(s) of undergraduate/graduate coursework. If you are a SJU graduate the Office of Graduate Operations will obtain your SJU transcripts for you.
- a current resumé
- two letters of recommendation (professional) from at least two faculty or employers appraising the candidate’s promise and capacity for graduate study, reflecting, from a professional’s point of view, the candidate’s ability to pursue a rigorous, independent course of study at the graduate level.
- a personal statement outlining the candidate's professional goals and educational objectives for the program including the applicant's rationale for program choice and professional study
- $35 application fee – waived if attended an Open House or an SJU graduate.
There is a five year time limit on completion of degree programs based on date of enrollment in the first course.