- MAT 161-162 - Calculus I, II
- PHY 105-106 - University Physics I, II (with 105L-106L lab)
- MAT 213 – Calculus III
- PHY 257 – Mathematical Methods of Physics
- PHY 251 – Modern Physics I
- PHY 252 – Modern Physics II
- PHY 301 – Classical Mechanics
- PHY 303 – Thermal Physics or PHY 409 – Statistical Mechanics
- PHY 307 – Electricity and Magnetism
- PHY 308 – Waves and Optics
- PHY 311 – Experimental Methods of Physics I
- PHY 312 – Experimental Methods of Physics II
- PHY 321 – Quantum Mechanics I
- And three PHY 3-credit electives two of which must be at the 200 or above level. Students are also required to enroll in PHY 490 Physics Seminar each semester.
Minor in Physics
A student may elect to minor in physics by taking PHY 105/105L, 106/106L, 251 and three other PHY electives. Among the three PHY electives, PHY 257 is strongly recommended and at least one PHY elective must be at the 200 or 300 level. Modifications are subject to the Chair’s approval in consultation with the department. Interested students should contact the chair prior to the fall semester of their junior year.