Frequently Asked Questions

Answers to commonly asked questions:

  • All applications must be completed online.
  • Acceptances on rolling-basis throughout the year and students may choose to begin studies in fall, spring or summer semesters.
  • Most students complete the program in two years, yet the exceptional full-time student may be able to finish in one year, including both summers. And many students who are working full-time may choose to spread the program over 2-4 years. In short, students may progress at their own pace
  • The MA Degree requires 12 courses (each of 3 credits) for a total of 36 credits.
  • Tution rate for the Health Care EThics falls under the general Graduate Arts & Sciences Tuition Rate
  • Students, for whom the employer will pay part or all of the tuition, must fill the Employer Deferral Program Application. If you have any difficulty with this, contact Hawk Central (610) 660-2000 or by email at

How long will it take to complete the program?
All courses will be scheduled after 6:00 p.m. to accommodate part-time students who are employed during the day. Most courses will be offered in the fall, spring and summer. Thus, students can accomplish their continuing education goals according to their own time schedule, whether accelerating or taking a more deliberate approach toward attaining a degree. The flexibility of this program accommodates everyone.

Is financial assistance available?
Students applying for financial aid administered by Saint Joseph’s University must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In order to be eligible for federal financial assistance, the applicant must be enrolled on a half-time basis (at least 6 credits per semester) and be a citizen of the United States or have permanent resident status. Information on Federal Direct Stafford Loans is available through through Hawk Central. Students are encouraged to visit the Student Records and Financial Services web site for current information pertaining to applying for aid.

Are graduate assistantships available?
Several departments offer assistantships which provide a stipend in addition to a tuition scholarship. Application for assistantships should be made to the director of the particular program.