Frequently Asked Questions

How do I select appropriate courses?
Students are encouraged to review the program requirements in the current issue of the Graduate Course Catalog. The catalog outlines the course requirements for the program and includes information about pre-requisite course requirements. Students should also speak with an academic advisor or department representative if they are unsure about any particular courses.

Where do I go for advising?
Please contact the Graduate Arts & Sciences department by email at or call (610) 660-3131.

What is the process if my employer is paying for my courses?
Students with inquiries about tuition reimbursement should visit the Knowledge Base for additional information. 

How do I establish a tuition payment plan?
There are various payment plans for students to participate in. For more information on the available options, students should visit the Knowledge Base

How do I register for classes?
For instructions on class registration, please click here.

How do I access MySJU account?
Student IT information is generated and mailed out by the Office of Information Technology. Please visit for information on technology services at the University.

Where can I obtain my student I.D.?
Students can request a picture I.D. from the Office of Public Safety located in Barbelin Hall once they have received formal acceptance into their academic program. The initial I.D. card is offered at no cost with a minimal replacement fee charged for lost cards.

Where do I purchase my books?
Books for your courses can be purchased at the Saint Joseph´s University Bookstore located at 2461 North 54th Street. Students are advised to take information regarding their courses such as the CRN number and course title for general assistance.

Is there assistance with job placement?
The Career Development Center, located in Overbrook Hall, provides assistance to students through the year. Students are invited to visit online for a calendar of events and a list of services.