Environmental Protection and Safety Management

Frequently Asked Questions

How long will it take to complete the program?
All courses will be scheduled after 6:00 p.m. to accommodate part-time students who are employed during the day. Most courses will be offered in the fall, spring and summer. Thus, students can accomplish their continuing education goals according to their own time schedule, whether accelerating or taking a more deliberate approach toward attaining a degree. The flexibility of this program accommodates everyone.

Is there a reduction in tuition for those who work this field?
Students who are employed by a participating agency may achieve a 25% tuition reduction. Contact the program office at 610-660-1269 to see if your agency qualifies. To earn the reduction, students must submit a letter from their employer, prior to registration and each August for as long as they are in theprogram, stating that they are a current employee. This letter must be sent to the Student Services office by mail, or emailed to hawkcentral@sju.edu. Students will not receive the 25% tuition reduction if the letter is not on file at time of registration.

Note: Students enrolled in SJU Online MS-Criminal Justice or Post Master's Certificate in Behavior Analysis or Post Master's Certificate in Homeland Security programs are not eligible for the partnership reduction in tuition. This reduction in tuition is available for campus-based programs only.

Is financial assistance available?
Students applying for financial aid administered by Saint Joseph’s University must file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). In order to be eligible for federal financial assistance, the applicant must be enrolled on a half-time basis (at least 6 credits per semester) and be a citizen of the United States or have permanent resident status. Information on Federal Direct Stafford Loans is available through through Hawk Central. Students are encouraged to visit the Student Records and Financial Services web site for current information pertaining to applying for aid.

Are graduate assistantships available?
Several departments offer assistantships which provide a stipend in addition to a tuition scholarship. Application for assistantships should be made to the director of the particular program.