Frequently Asked Questions

How do I select appropriate courses?
Students are encouraged to review the program requirements by clicking here. Students should also speak with an academic advisor or department representative if they are unsure about any particular courses.

Where can I seek advising for the program?
After students are admitted to the programs they should meet with the program’s graduate advisor to review their official transcript and develop a sequence for the program. During summer I and summer II, these walk in advising sessions are scheduled from 4:30 pm–6:00 pm., in room 236 in Merion Hall, Maguire Campus. During fall and spring, graduate advising will take place on Monday and Thursday from 4:30-6:00pm, also in room 236 in Merion Hall, Maguire Campus. Prospective students are also encouraged to meet the graduate advisor for initial information about the program requirements. In case you need additional information, please contact the graduate education advisor by clicking here

What is the process if my employer is paying for my courses?
Students with inquiries about tuition remission and installment payment plans should visit the SJU Hawk Central website for additional instructions. The Hawk Central Office of Student Records and Financial Services coordinates payment.

How do I register for classes?
Visit the course registration instructions web page for complete instructions on how to register.

How do I access the MySJU account and student email?
If you receive an offer of admission, you will receive an email communication from the SJU Graduate Studies Office requesting that you confirm your intent to enroll by completing an online form. Within 24 to 48 hours of completing your enrollment confirmation, you will receive an email from SJU Information Technology (IT) containing log-in information for the University's student portal. This log-in will allow you to establish access to both your student email account and the MySJU web portal. The MySJU web portal is the location where you will register for courses and where important self-service access to financial aid, tuition billing, and grade records resides. Should you experience any problems logging-in, please contact the SJU Student Help Desk at or by calling 610-660-2920.

Where can I obtain my student I.D.?
Students can request a picture I.D. from the Office of Public Safety located in Barbelin Hall once they have received formal acceptance into their academic program. The initial I.D. card is offered at no cost with a minimal replacement fee charged for lost cards.

Where do I purchase my books?
Books for your courses can be purchased at the Saint Joseph's University Bookstore located at 2461 North 54th Street. Students are advised to take information regarding their courses such as the CRN number and course title for general assistance. Student can access course text information by clicking here .

Is there assistance with job placement?
The Career Development Center, located in Overbrook Hall, provides assistance to students through the year. Students are invited to visit online for a calendar of events and a list of services.