Application and Admission Requirements
To apply for this program, students must complete the following requirements:
- A completed Saint Joseph's University graduate application.
- $35 application fee.*
- Official sealed transcript(s) of undergraduate/graduate coursework.
- Administrative certificate (photocopy)
- Personal statement - a letter of intention outlining the candidate's professional goals and educational objectives for attending the program of their choice.
- Portfolio items:
- Essay concerning how superintendents shape learning in their schools
- Resume that includes Evidence of leadership potential (other leadership roles)
- Applicant's educational philosophy
- A written description of a problem based learning activity
- Two letters of recommendations from school district administrators; one of which must be from the applicant's supervising administrator. Both letters must substantiate the candidate's leadership potential and qualifications to become a school administrator.
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Program Director.
*The $35 application fee will be waived for all applicants that attend a Graduate Studies Open House and complete the online satisfaction survey or are SJU alums.
Questions regarding the application process:
Please submit supplemental documents to:
of Graduate Operations
Saint Joseph's University
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131