Students seeking admission to the graduate program must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university. In addition, applicants should have the following undergraduate preparation:
Computer Science - The equivalent of the following courses currently required in the undergraduate program:
Mathematics - The equivalent of the following courses in the undergraduate program:
All new students must take the placement exam in these subjects.
Students who are deficient in the above requirements must take and earn a grade of at least B in the appropriate courses without graduate credit.
- The Saint Joseph's University Graduate application.
- Official sealed transcript(s) of undergraduate/graduate coursework. If you are a SJU graduate the Office of Graduate Operations will obtain your SJU transcripts for you.
- Recommended 3.0 Grade Point Average (GPA) in undergraduate work.
- Personal statement – a 500 word statement of intention outlining the candidate’s professional goals and educational objectives.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- An interview may be required at the discretion of the Program Director.
- $35 application fee.*
*The $35 application fee will be waived for all applicants that attend a Graduate Studies Open House and complete the online satisfaction survey or are SJU alums.
Saint Joseph’s University operates on a rolling admissions basis for graduate applications. This means that documents can be submitted to the Office of Graduate Operations at any time throughout the year for admission consideration.
International Applicants: There is no summer start only fall and spring. Deadlines: fall (August) July 15, spring (January) November 15.
International students should visit the International Graduate Applicant page for additional admission requirements.
Questions regarding the application process:
Office of Graduate Operations
Saint Joseph's University
5600 City Avenue
Philadelphia, PA 19131