Financial Facts for Admitted Students
Congratulations and welcome to Saint Joseph's University.
You are another step closer to becoming a Hawk and we want to help make it happen. The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will help guide you through your financial aid information in order for you to make the best college choice. A Saint Joseph's degree leads to success. But you don't have to take our word for it, just take a look at our recent graduate outcomes report.
Once you have received your financial aid information, there are a few financial steps to follow in order to enroll at Saint Joseph's.
Here are the next steps for the financial aid process at Saint Joseph's.
Complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
If you have not done so already, complete the FAFSA at fafsa.gov so that we can provide an accurate financial aid award. SJU's school code is 003367 must be listed for us to receive your information.
Let us know you' re coming!
Submit your non-refundable deposit ($500 for resident student or $250 for commuting students).
Every family is different, and that is why many financial aid options are available.
If you are a deposited student who is ready to accept your award, here are your next steps:
While in MYSJU you will:
- Click on the School Services tab
- On the Administrative Services box, click the Financial Aid folder; Award folder; Award by Aid Year
- Select the 2013–2014 aid year
- Complete the Cash Management Statement on the Resources/Additional Information tab
- If you are selected for verification, you need to accept the statement on the Terms and Conditions tab before you can accept your aid
- Access the Accept Award Offer tab
- Review your award package and accept the full or partial amount of your award(s)
If you are a deposited student that is accepting Federal Direct Subsidized or Unsubsidized Loans: (Please complete the following steps, in addition to the above)
Login to The Federal Student Aid website with your 4-digit FAFSA pin.
While in the Federal Student Aid website you will:
- Complete direct subsidized/unsubsidized Loan entrance counseling
- Complete the direct subsidized/unsubsidized Loan Master Promissory Note (MPN)
If you are a dependent student, a Federal Direct PLUS Loan may be available, if your parent(s) qualify based on credit approval after April 2013:
Parents should login to The Federal Student Aid website with your 4-digit pin (Apply for your 4-digit pin number here.)
While in the Federal Student Aid website:
- Parents should complete an application for the Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan
- Complete a PLUS Master Promissory Note (MPN)
If you are considering alternative loan sources:
- Apply DIRECTLY to your lender of choice
- Once the loan is approved, SJU will be notified by your lender and the school certification will be sent.
Other Helpful links:
The Office of Undergraduate Admissions will help you navigate the financial aid process.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1.888.BE.A.HAWK.