Stephen Porth, Ph.D.
Associate Dean, Professor
Discipline Taught: Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Marketing
Office: Mandeville 345
Phone: (610) 660-1638
Fax: (610) 660-1229
- B.S. Saint Joseph's Univeristy '80
- M.B.A. Drexel University '82
- Ph.D. Temple University '89
- Associate Dean, Haub School of Business, 2001-Present
- Acting Chair, Pharmaceutical Marketing Department, 2001-2004
- Chair, Management & Information Systems Department, 1992-1994
- Academic Director, Online MBA in Pharmaceutical Marketing, 2002-Present
- Saint Joseph's University - Professor of Management, 1999-Present
- Associate Professor of Management, 1992-1999
- Assistant Professor of Management, 1986-1989
- University College Cork, Ireland - Visiting Scholar, Spring 1994
- Regent's College, London - Professor-in-Residence, Spring 1990
Management Consultant, specializing in leadership development and strategic planning. Recent clients include the Delaware River Port Authority, Wakefern Corp, ACE INA, McCormick & Co., Pre Finish Metals, Inc, Merck & Co., Inc./ U. S. Human Health, Roche Laboratories, Inc., The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company (A&P), The Specialty Coffee Association of America, Albertson's/ Acme Markets.
Board & Association Memberships
Board Member and Past President, Colleagues in Jesuit Business Education (CJBE), 2002-present. Member of the Board of Directors, Nutritional Development Services, 2008-present. Director-at-Large, Mid-Atlantic Chapter of the Italy-America Chamber of Commerce, Inc. (MIACC), 1995 - 1998.
Founder and Past Chair, St. Dorothy School Development Committee, 2005-2007. Associate Dean, Haub School of Business, 2001-Present
Dr. Porth has written two books, one of which is now in its second edition and has been translated into Chinese, and published extensively in management journals including, Journal of Management Education, Management Decision, International Journal of Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing, Journal of Organizational Change Management, International Journal of Production Research, and International Journal of Operations and Production Management.
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Collegiate Athletic Management