Nicolle Clements, Ph.D.
Office: 349 Mandeville Hall
Phone: (610) 660-2215
Fax: (610) 660-1192
Nicolle Clements is an Assistant Professor at Saint Joseph's University in the Department of Decision System Sciences. She earned her doctoral degree in Statistics from the Fox School of Business at Temple University, where she specialized in high dimensional multiple testing procedures. She also holds an M.S. in Statistics from Virginia Tech and a B.S. in Mathematics from Millersville University. Dr. Clements has been teaching since 2009 and working as a statistical consultant since 2010. Her research interests currently include spatial and environmental applications of multiple testing procedures, multiplicative time series modeling, and statistical analysis procedures dealing with substance abuse treatment.
- Ph.D. Temple University (2013)
- M.S. Virginia Tech (2009)
- B.S. Millersville University (2008)
- DSS 210 - Business Statistics
- DSS 220 – Business Analytics
- DSS 310 – Systems Theory
- DSS 420 - Introduction to Data Mining
- DSS 510 – Statistics Proficiency
- DSS 560 –Business Analytics for MBA
- DSS 581 - Managerial Statistics
- DSS 660 – Introduction to Data Mining
- Kim, D.; Thomas, V.; Olson; Williams, M.; Clements,N. “Statistical Trend and Change Point Analysis of Land Cover Change Patterns in East Africa.” (2013) International Journal of Remote Sensing. Volume 34, Pages 6636-6650.
- Brooks, A., Carpenedo, C., Fairfax-Columbo, J., Clements, N., Benishek, L., Knoblach, D., Carise, D., Kirby, K. “The RoadMAP Relapse Prevention Group Counseling Toolkit™: counselor adherence and competence outcomes” (2013) Journal of Substance Abuse Treatment. Volume 45, pages 356–362.
- Clements, N., Sarkar, S., Wei, W. “Multiplicative Spatio-Temporal Models For Remotely Sensed Normalized Difference Vegetation Index Data.” Journal of International Energy Policy – June 2014 Volume 3, Number 1
- Benishek, L., Dugosh, K., Kirby, K., Matejkowski, J., Clements, N., Seymour, B., and Festinger, D. "Prize-based Contingency Management for the Treatment of Substance Abusers: A Meta-analysis." Addiction (2014) Volume 109, Issue 9 pages 1426-1436
- Clements, N. “A Comparison of Simultaneous Confidence Intervals to Identify Handwritten Digits.” International Journal of Business Intelligence Research (2014). Volume 5, Issue 3
- Clements, Nicolle, Sanat Sarkar, Zhigen Zhao, Dong-Yun Kim. “Applying Multiple Testing Procedures Detect Change in East African Vegetation.” Annals of Applied Statistics (2014) Volume 8 (1), pages 286-308.
- Festinger, D., Dugosh, K., Marlowe, D., Clements, N. “Achieving New Levels of Recall in Consent to Research by Combining Remedial and Motivational Techniques.” Journal of Medical Ethics (2014) Volume 40 (4), pages 264-268.
- Hudson, C., Kirby, K., Nick, C., Clements, N., Benishek, L. “Social Adjustment of Women with and without a Substance Abusing Partner.” Journal of Psychoactive Drugs. (2014) Volume 46 (2), pages 106-113
- Dugosh, K., Festinger, D., Marlowe, D., Clements, N. “Developing an Index to Measure the Voluntariness of Consent to Research.” Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics. (2014).
- Matejkowski, J., Dugosh, K., Clements, N., Festinger, D. “Development and pilot testing of an online training to raise awareness among criminal justice professionals of medications used to treat opioid addiction” Drug & Alcohol Dependence. (2015) Volume 146, e196.
- Matejkowski, J., Dugosh, K., Clements, N., Festinger, D. “Pilot Testing of an Online Training for Criminal Justice Professionals on Medication-Assisted Treatment” Journal of Addictions & Offender Counseling (2015). Volume 36 (1), pages 13-27.
Mentioned in SJU News
Faculty Expert Profile
Expertise: Educational Leadership
Expertise: Executive Education, Business Strategy, Organization Development, Port Authority Issues, Ireland and Chile, Photography, Landscape and Travel
Expertise: Leadership, Strategic Planning, Collegiate Athletic Management
Expertise: Religion in Pop Culture, Religion in Television/Feature Film/Literature, Social Justice
Expertise: Fire Management and Prevention, Emergency and Disaster Management, Public Administration Policy, Local Government
Expertise: Service Quality, Organizational Development and Effectiveness, Quality Improvement, Team Building, Local Health Care, Customer Service
Expertise: France, French Culture, Contemporary French-Speaking World, Literature in French, 19th-Century French History
Expertise: Psychology of Religion, Prosocial Behavior, Ethical Behavior, Altruism, Moral Development
Expertise: Food Marketing, Consumer food shopping trends, Food company strategy, Supermarket practices
Expertise: Mexican History and Politics, Latin American History, U.S. Policy toward Latin America
Expertise: American Zoos, American Pop Culture, Environmental History, Animal Studies
Expertise: Food Retailing, Hunger and Hunger Relief