Louis D. Horvath, M.A., FACHE
Highly successful career in Senior Management and Education within the Health Care, Education, and Behavioral Health concerns of six quality institutions, and three nationally recognized Universities. Seasoned professional with expertise in health care administration, academic environment, new program development, and the re-defining and re-organizing of existing systems to ensure positive turn around. Resourceful and cost sensitive executive, with leadership qualities, that are mission driven and bear determined focus on results, and which are integrated with genuine human and interpersonal values. Skilled in general management; specialization in psychiatric and addiction services as well as special needs/geriatric services; a distinguished record of accomplishment in effective communication with Board of Directors, Management Team and Employees. Committed in-depth to ethical values and principles in addressing critical and sensitive issues. Fellow of the American College of Healthcare Executives (2014) and Certified by the Association of Behavioral Health Executives and National Association of Professional Geriatric Care Managers (2012).
* MA, Community Health Services- Temple University, Philadelphia, PA.
* BA, Sociology-Psychology – Mount Carmel College, Niagara Falls, Ont.
Currently Director of Graduate Health Administration Programs and Adjunct Instructor at Saint Joseph’s University, Philadelphia, Pa.
* Recently Executive Director of Intervention Associates in Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania, a Professional Care Management & Home Health Company.
* Previous Leadership & Director Position at Catholic Charities in Trenton, New Jersey, overseeing Innovative & Best Practices Community- Based Program...
* Formerly Administrator/CEO of Specialty Psychiatric Hospital (St. John Vianney Center) in Downingtown, PA providing In-Patient, Comprehensive Assessment, and Out-Patient Services to Specialized national population.
* Served as Chief Executive Officer of Psychiatric Hospital (Foundations of Behavioral Health) in Doylestown, PA, a private not-for-profit accredited facility providing in-patient, residential & partial hospitalization services.
* Tenure as Vice-President of Ancillary Services of a Multi-Hospital Health System (St. Francis Hospital in Wilmington, DE) and with responsibility for the Departments of Radiology-Nuclear Medicine, Laboratory-Pathology, Pharmacy, Respiratory Therapy, Electro-diagnostics, and Social Work. Also, Chief Operating Officer of a satellite Sports Medicine Program. In addition, developed the Division of Physical Medicine, including Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology. Established a twenty-bed (20) Rehabilitation Service, including renovation of a hospital wing. Also, established first Mammography Services and achieved first laboratory accreditation from the College of American Pathologists for the hospital.
* As Senior Manager of a Community Mental Health Center (Crozer-Chester Medical Center, a Major Teaching Hospital in Upland, Pa), a Comprehensive Treatment System in Addictions was designed & developed from a small ambulatory clinic.
*Provides Workshops entitled “Journey from Management Technique to Leadership Mystique.”
*Presentations on Care Management Services and the Elderly.
*Recently Board Member of Montgomery, Chester, & Delaware County Estate Planning Councils.
Ethics of Health Care
Health Care Law